Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The 20 week Ultrasound



So, I'll start with the fun stuff.  I went in for the big 20 week ultrasound last week.  My IP's got to come out and visit too!  The ultrasound took about 2 1/2 hours and I had to do a lot of rolling and moving to keep things going along.  Laying on my back for that long is very uncomfortable.  It was so amazing to see how much these babies have grown in 4 weeks!  It was also wonderful to see their parents glued to the screen and hanging on to their every movement.  All three babies still look great and are right on target.  They are each about 10 inches long now.  I guess that means I have about 30 inches of baby in me!  Wow!  Thank goodness we did not have any surprises this time.  The count is still the same and it is still 2 girls and 1 very active boy.  

I also had another check up with my OB and everything looked good there too.  I have to admit I was a little nervous because I have been having the occasional Braxton Hicks.  I know this is normal with pregnancy, but apparently should not be taken lightly with triplets.  Lucky for me though my cervix was still just fine.  In fact, everything looked so good, the Doc said I could go another 4 weeks until the next check up and ultrasound.  Woo hoo!  After that I will be going in for both bi-weekly.

I do have to apologize.  I have been so bad about blogging lately, but I have a really good excuse.  I am carrying triplets and I'm tired!  It seems like every time I sit down and have a free moment, my eyes start to get really droopy and before I know it I'm out.  I usually just cat nap for a few and feel much better.  I really didn't think there would be THAT much difference from carrying one baby to carrying three.  I know, I know wishful thinking and very naive on my part.  I am a can do kind of person though.  As it turns out, there are a lot of differences.  For instance, you know that extreme fatigue you get in the first trimester?  It never stops.  In fact it gets worse!  I find myself planning my days with a couple of breaks in the middle for cat naps.  It's crazy how much energy these three munchkins are using up.  

So to help combat the fatigue, I have had to limit myself to one, maybe two "things to do" in a day besides the usual feeding and caring for my two busy boys.  Yesterday, my project of the day was laundry.  Today, I went on a field trip with my sons preschool to the fire station.  I felt pretty good after wards so I pushed the limit and went to the grocery store.  Whew!  Let's just say, the my little hiney is glued to the recliner.  It's gonna' take some thing really good to pry me off of here.

Well, that's the long and short of it.  I'm still hanging in there.   I'll post some pix soon!

*UPDATE*
Here's some pix of the wee ones.
Baby A (girl) Top
Baby B (boy) Middle
Baby C (girl) Bottom






 

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Great update! I'm glad the babies are doing well and I can't even imagine the fatigue of 3, I'm super tired with just carrying this ONE! :-) God bless you!

momof4 said...

Hang in there girl! You are amazing:) And looking forward to some pics soon!

BellaDaddy said...

Such a beautful thing you are doing. I know. I've been there :-)

Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...