Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New year!

We have had a fantastic Christmas and I've got a feeling 2011 will be great!  We had a pretty mellow New Years eve  and stayed home with the kiddos.  One of our boys was sick so we mad the best of it and had a little family game night. 

So now that I am recovered from the Holiday madness, we are moving right along on the surrogacy front.  I started injections Wednesday and you would think it would have been easy peasy.  Like riding a bike right? But sadly I had another freak out.  I got everything all set up and laid out for my Hubby to shoot me up and I kept procrastinating.  I did a face mask, cleaned up the bathroom, put some laundry away and so on and so on.  My Hubby finally at 10:30pm said "Are we gonna' do this or what? I'm  going to bed so it's now or you're on your own." 

So with much trepidation, I assume the position and I can not stop clenching my cheeks together.  So I shook it out and tried again.  Still super tense and had to walk away and shake it out.  uuuggghhh...I don't know what is wrong with me.  It is such a tiny needle and the first few don't even hurt that bad.  { I don't even want to think about when those knots start to form!}  So finally after the third time, I was able to relax and It barely hurt.  Man, I thought I was on the verge of a mini panic attack!  It was quite comical looking back but in the moment not so much. Wish me luck for tonight!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

It took me and my husband forever to administer that tiny needle... we both would get so tense!! We always found ourselves cracking up because we were making such a big deal about it. It too makes me laugh until this day. Good luck to you!!!

Andrea said...

So awesome that you started injections!!!! Happy New Years, my friend. May 2011 bring us all new, exciting, fun, and amazing times!

Jennifer said...

I was more scared to have my husband do the shots! I kept thinking this is mind over matter and would slowly push the needle in. I think just sliding the needle in rather then a sharp dart motion was much easier. It does get better! Good luck tonight.

Kristen said...

Aww! I'm not fond of needles either but I can't wait to be where you are! I'm sure it'll get easier! 2011 is going to be great!! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I don't think the needles are tiny! I would put on music (the same song every time) to get me ready. If you lie down on your stomach and wiggle your toes, your muscles are forced to relax. Good luck!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...