Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

One whole month...already?!?!

Happy birthday Caitlin, Kelsie and Riley!  I can not believe it has already been a whole month since these three precious bundles were brought into the world.  So much has happened in this month. 
All three babies were released from the NICU and brought home.  They are seriously thriving in their new environment.    I can't help take a little credit for this because I am pumping and shipping breast milk. They are starting to get the chubby cheeks and double chins that change their looks so much.  (Why can't this look cute on all of us adults?)  

I am not, however, getting up with them all night long for round the clock feedings times three.  I'm also not changing 30 diapers a day!  No, the real credit goes to their parents. They are truly embracing parenthood and loving this precious time with their babies.  I get updates and pictures a few times a week and I love hearing all of the news.  It warms my heart to hear what good parents they are and to know that these babies are a part of such a loving home.  

This right here is the whole reason I became a surrogate.  Seeing and hearing all about this family I helped create is wonderful.  When people ask me why I did this, they automatically assume it was about the money.  It's hard to put my feelings into words on the subject, but it is about so much more.  I have gotten so much more.  I know it's hard to understand, especially for those who have not been a surrogate, but all I can say is my heart feels happy.
Can you believe they all fit in my belly?!?!  I still have a hard time believing it!

Caitlin, Kelsie, and Riley
I just had to share...

8 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

I've been stalking their blog for updated news & photos on the babes. I am so glad you posted here. What adorable bundles of joy. Thank you for what you do and what you are continuing to do with pumping & shipping. That is no easy task!

Anonymous said...

oh heidi they are so precious! thanks for sharing their pictures!

Susan said...

Oh my heavens they are just adorable. Their parents are doing a great job. And your milk is going to make them chunky monkeys before you know it.

Krystal said...

A month ALREADY!!?? Gosh! Where does the time go? They are absolutely precious, and yes, it's hard to believe they all fit in ur belly! You look great too! :)

Surrogate, Single Parent and Dating... said...

such cute babies!!!! So proud of you and I can't even imagine how those lil' kiddos fit in your belly!! Amazing! Thanks for the pics.

Susan said...

Gorgeous babies. Great job. :)

Jennifer said...

The babies look like they are doing amazingly well and you look great. I'm glad you have such a good relationship with your IPs. The baby in the middle looks tiny compared to the other two and that sock on her foot looks huge...lol. You can definately tell that they are starting to fill out with the chubby cheeks and little bellies. I hope I am able to pump for my guys after the surrogacy. I had a hard time breastfeeding both my kids (not making enough) so I'm worried that pumping is going to be next to impossible.

Ashley said...

That is the cutest pic ever of all 4 of you!!!! Congrats!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...